Terry Scholarship: During his long time as a resident of Houston, where he and his wife, Nancy, had lived for a very long time, Mr. Terry was successful in many businesses, from banking to oil and gas.
In the year 1986, the Terry family made the decision to establish an educational foundation in order to assist young people in becoming independent.
Since Mr. Terry was always grateful for the help that gave him the chance to go to college, his family decided that they should use their time and money to make sure that future generations of young people in Texas have the same chance.
Students who are entering college for the first time after graduating from high school in Texas are eligible for the Terry Foundation Scholarship.
Seniors in high schools located in the state of Texas who have been offered admission to study at one of the Terry-affiliated public colleges in Texas are eligible to apply for the Terry Traditional Scholarship, also known as the Freshman Scholarship.
About Terry Foundation Scholarship
The Terry Foundation Scholarship program offers full financial support for up to eight (8) semesters of higher education to Texas high school seniors who have demonstrated exceptional potential to become future leaders in the state of Texas.
The Foundation has been of assistance to hundreds of Terry Scholars in achieving the purpose of the founders of the organization, which was to aid young people in assisting themselves.
Benefits of the Terry Scholarship
- Financial assistance: The Terry Scholarship provides financial assistance to help students cover the cost of tuition, fees, books, and room and board.
- Networking opportunities: Through the Terry Scholarship, students have access to a network of alumni, mentors and other professionals with whom they can connect.
- Access to resources: The Terry Scholarship provides access to a variety of resources, such as career counseling, academic support, and internship opportunities.
- Leadership development: Through the Terry Scholarship, students have access to leadership development and training opportunities.
- Mentorship: The Terry Scholarship provides mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in various fields.
- Graduate school opportunities: The Scholarship provides opportunities to pursue a graduate degree in a field of interest to the recipient.
- Career planning and guidance: The Scholarship offers career planning and guidance to help students make informed decisions about their future.
- Internships: The Terry Scholarship provides access to internship opportunities with leading companies and organizations.
- Community service: The Terry Scholarship encourages and supports students who are interested in giving back to their communities.
- Relevance: The Scholarship provides students with relevant experience that will help them succeed in their future endeavors.
To be considered for the Terry Scholarship, you must do the following:
- Be admitted as an incoming freshman at Texas A&M University-College Station for the fall semester following high school graduation by January 31.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident of the US.
- Attend a Texas high school or a Texas home school.
- Your high school performance demonstrates that you have great intellectual talents.
- Have a track record of becoming a leader in your school and community.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to demonstrate financial need (FAFSA)
- Two letters of recommendation and a high school transcript are required.
- To keep your Terry Scholarship eligibility, you must submit the FAFSA each year.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a semester GPA of 2.0.
- Enroll in face-to-face courses at Texas A&M full-time each semester (minimum of 12 hours).
- In August, attend the Terry Scholars Orientation.
- In October, attend the Terry Banquet.
- In April/May, attend the Terry Picnic.
- During your first year at A&M, take a specified First Year Experience Course and participate in a mentor program through the Terry Scholars Organization.
- Your first year will be spent in Hobby Hall, part of the Terry Scholars Cluster (unless you are in the Corps of Cadets)
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for the Scholarship:
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
How to Apply
In order to be considered for the Terry Scholarships, you will need to submit either the ApplyTexas Application or the Common App for freshman entry.
To begin, please finish the section of the application that deals with admissions before moving on to the section that deals with scholarships.
If you want to be considered for the Terry Scholarships, you need to fill out the application for admissions and scholarships, including all of the questions and essays, and then turn in both applications once they are finished.
Worth of Terry Scholarship
The amount of each Terry Scholarships grant is calculated each year based on the total cost of attendance at each school, which takes into account things like tuition, fees, books, accommodation and board on campus, and other miscellaneous costs.
The actual sum of money that each scholar receives from the prize is contingent on the sums that they also get from other scholarships and awards.
The application must be submitted before the deadline of December 1st
The Terry Scholarships provides individuals with an outstanding opportunity to achieve their educational objectives and make a positive impact in the communities in which they live.
It offers chances for mentorship and leadership development in addition to providing financial aid to help cover the cost of college tuition and other educational expenditures.
The Terry Scholarship is an excellent opportunity for students to broaden both their academic and personal development, and the good effects of the scholarship can be felt not only by the Terry Scholars’ families but also by the communities in which they live.
Any student who is interested in making the most of a fantastic chance ought to give some thought to applying for the Terry Scholarship because it is a useful resource for pupils.
AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship 2023; Everything You Need to Know
CMA Scholarship 2023; Apply Now
The Maasai Haile Jones Memorial Scholarship 2023; How to Apply
AMS Minority Scholarship 2023; Everything You Need to Know and How to Apply
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship 2023; What You need to Know and how to Apply
Yale Women in Economics Scholarship Program 2023; Apply Now