The Hagan Scholarship provides a one-of-a-kind chance for high-achieving, low-income students to attend college without incurring substantial debt.
The scholarship covers tuition, books, and fees at any eligible four-year college or institution in the United States for up to $6,000 a year for eight semesters.
Students with a minimum 3.5 GPA and a strong dedication to community service and leadership are eligible for the scholarship. In this blog, we will look at the eligibility requirements, the application procedure, and the benefits of the Hagan Scholarship, as well as offer advice and resources to prospective applicants.
This scholarship is definitely worth checking into if you are a high-achieving, low-income student!
About the Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship that is awarded to students that have strong academic achievement and are self-motivated.
In order to assist winners in graduating college debt-free, the scholarship awards up to $6,000 per semester, for a total of $48,000 over the course of eight straight semesters.
There are now 324 schools and universities that have Hagan Scholars attending from 42 different states. Recipients must either have graduated from a public high school with fewer than 100 students in the high school graduating class or will graduate from a public high school located in a county with less than 50,000 population in order to be eligible for this award.
RELATED; How to Apply Tesda Scholarship 2023|How can I apply to study
Benefits of The Hagan Scholarship
- The Hagan Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition and required fees for up to eight semesters of undergraduate study at any accredited college or university.
- The scholarship also provides a book allowance and a living expense stipend to help recipients with additional costs related to their education.
- The Hagan Scholarship is designed to support students who have a strong academic record but may not have the financial resources to attend college.
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, providing recipients with long-term support as they pursue their education.
- The scholarship provides recipients with access to a network of other scholarship recipients and alumni, which can help them build connections and find resources for their education and career goals.
- The Hagan Scholarship is intended to promote leadership development and civic engagement among its recipients, encouraging them to become active members of their communities and to use their education to make a positive impact.
- The scholarship is open to students from across the United States, providing opportunities for students from a wide range of backgrounds to access the resources they need to pursue their education.
Eligibility fo the Hagan Scholarship
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- You are required to complete your secondary education at a regular public high school that is located in the United States and is run by a school district.
- You need to have earned a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50.
- You are required to enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four-year college or university during the first semester after graduating from high school.
- While in college, students are expected to stay on track to graduate in no more than four years.
- You are required to put in 240 hours of labor each year, beginning on January 1 and ending on the first day of the autumn semester at your college.
The work must be completed at the recipient’s convenience. Must be work that is regularly scheduled, carried out under close supervision, and compensated for.
- The applicant’s total gross household income that was reported for the purposes of the 2021 federal income tax must have been less than $85,000. A “Household Income” is the total gross income obtained by all members of a household who reside under the same roof.
- You are required to fill out the FAFSA and provide your EFC.
- If eligible, you are required to apply for assistance from the federal government and the state.
- Candidates cannot have been convicted of a felony in the past.
A high-achieving, goal-driven student who is in need of financial support in order to continue their education at a college or university is the ideal candidate for a Hagan Scholarship.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Photograph required
- Driver’s license required
Worth of The Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship gives out Up to $48,000
- For the first year, $1,000 to buy college necessities
- Set up a personal brokerage for $1,000 in the second year.
- In the third year, you can get up to $8,000 to study or travel abroad or to study abroad for one semester.
- In the fourth year, you can make up to $10,000 from running the HSF brokerage account.
- The application will be open beginning on September 1, 2022.
- The deadline for applications is January 15th, 2023.
- Scholarships will be given out in March of 2023.
- Finalists who were qualified for a scholarship but were not awarded one after the processing of extra information will each receive $2,000 in compensation.
How to Apply for the Hagan Scholarship
Visit their official website to get started
How to Make The Best of The Hagan Scholarship
- Familiarize yourself with the scholarship’s requirements and guidelines: Make sure you understand the criteria for the scholarship and that you meet all the necessary qualifications before applying.
- Tailor your application to the scholarship: Highlight your relevant experiences, skills, and accomplishments that align with the scholarship’s goals and values.
- Get letters of recommendation: Strong letters of recommendation can add credibility to your application and demonstrate your character and abilities.
- Proofread your application: Make sure your application is free of errors and that it presents you in the best possible light.
- Utilize the scholarship: If you are awarded the scholarship, use the funds wisely and make the most of the opportunity. This could include using the scholarship to further your education or to pursue relevant professional development opportunities.
In conclusion, education is a powerful tool that can open doors to new opportunities and empower individuals to make a positive impact in their communities.
The Hagan Scholarship is a valuable resource for students who have a strong academic record but may not have the financial resources to attend college.
With the support of this scholarship, students can focus on their studies and achieve their full potential. The scholarship not only covers tuition and fees but also provides a book allowance, living expense stipend, leadership development, civic engagement, and access to a network of other scholarship recipients and alumni.
The Hagan scholarship is a great investment in the future and a powerful way to invest in the next generation of leaders, who will go on to make a real difference in the world.
Young Womans Scholarship Program | How to Apply
Chevening Scholarship Pakistan| How can i get an Application
Exam For Scholarship| how can I get an application to study