The School of Mines Harvey Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that provides full tuition and mandatory fees for four years (eight semesters) at the Colorado School of Mines.
The scholarship also includes two additional grants: a Travel Grant of up to $4,000 and an Enrichment Grant of up to $3,000.
If you are a student or intending student at the School of Mines Harvey, check out all you need to know about the 2023 School of Mines Harvey scholarship.
READ NOW: Kennedy Scholarship 2023: How to Apply
About School of Mines Harvey Scholarship
The Harvey Scholarship Program was established by the Harvey family in honor of their son, David Harvey, who was a Mines graduate. David was a talented engineer and a dedicated community leader. He was passionate about helping others, and he believed that education was the key to opportunity.
The scholarship is designed to attract and retain outstanding students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to service. The Harvey Scholars are a diverse group of students from all over the world.
They are all passionate about making a difference in the world, and they are committed to using their education to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.
The Harvey Scholarship provides a number of benefits, including full tuition and mandatory fees, as well as two additional grants: a Travel Grant of up to $4,000 and an Enrichment Grant of up to $3,000.
The scholarship also includes an invitation to join the Harvey Scholars community, which offers opportunities for leadership development, networking, and service.
Benefits of the School of Mines Harvey Scholarship
Here are some of the benefits of the School of Mines Harvey Scholarship:
- Full tuition and mandatory fees for four years (eight semesters): This is a huge financial benefit, as tuition and fees at the Colorado School of Mines are very expensive.
- Travel Grant of up to $4,000: This grant can be used to cover the cost of study abroad, research trips, or other travel-related expenses.
- Enrichment Grant of up to $3,000: This grant can be used to cover the cost of professional development opportunities, such as conferences, workshops, or training programs.
- Invitation to join the Harvey Scholars community: The Harvey Scholars community is a close-knit group of students who are passionate about making a difference in the world. The community offers opportunities for leadership development, networking, and service.
- Opportunity to participate in leadership development programming: The Harvey Scholarship Program offers a variety of leadership development programming, such as workshops, seminars, and mentorship opportunities.
- Access to networking opportunities with Harvey alumni: The Harvey Scholarship Program has a strong alumni network, which can provide students with valuable networking opportunities.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the School of Mines Harvey Scholarship:
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Applicants must have taken the SAT or ACT and have a minimum composite score of 1200 or 27, respectively.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement that describes their academic achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to service.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to service.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential.
- Applicants must have a record of academic excellence, as demonstrated by their high school transcripts and standardized test scores.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Applicants must be first-year undergraduate students.
To apply for the School of Mines Harvey Scholarship, you must submit the following:
- A completed scholarship application
- Official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
How to Apply
Please ensure to watch the 10-year anniversary video available at https://youtu.be/qVY5yj5ZXtc and visit the website https://harveyscholars.mines.edu/ to gain a deeper understanding of the values embodied by the Harvey Scholarship Program.
Once you have explored the website, kindly address the prompts provided in the “Application Questions” tab. Please refrain from including any personal identifying information such as your last name, social media handles, or identifiable business name. It’s important to note that the inclusion of such information will lead to the disqualification of your application.
The School of Mines Harvey Scholarship is worth up to $100,000 over four years. This includes full tuition and mandatory fees, as well as the Travel Grant and Enrichment Grant.
The deadline for this scholarship has passed. We will keep you updated, all you need to do is to always check back.
How to Ace The School of Mines Harvey Scholarship
Here are some tips on how to ace the School of Mines Harvey Scholarship:
- Highlight your academic achievements: The admissions committee will be looking for students who have a strong academic record. Be sure to highlight your GPA, standardized test scores, and any academic honors or awards you have received.
- Demonstrate your leadership potential: The admissions committee wants to see that you are a leader. Be sure to highlight any leadership positions you have held in school, extracurricular activities, or your community.
- Discuss your commitment to service: The admissions committee wants to see that you are committed to giving back to others. Be sure to highlight any volunteer or service work you have done.
- Write a compelling personal statement: The personal statement is your chance to tell the admissions committee who you are and why you deserve the scholarship. Be sure to write a well-written and thoughtful personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to service.
- Get strong letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation can be a great way to demonstrate your academic achievements, leadership potential, and commitment to service. Be sure to ask teachers, counselors, or other mentors who know you well to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Start early: The application process can be time-consuming, so it’s important to start early.
- Be organized: Keep track of all of your application materials and deadlines.
- Proofread carefully: Make sure that your application is free of errors.
- Be yourself: The admissions committee wants to get to know the real you, so be yourself in your application.
At the Colorado School of Mines, students who are about to start their first year are eligible for the prestigious Harvey Scholarship. The scholarship will cover all of the student’s tuition and expenses, in addition to providing two additional awards each year for a total of four years.
In addition to the financial rewards, the scholarship also gives opportunity for the recipient to improve their leadership skills, engage in community service, and advance their professional careers. The Harvey Scholarship is a wonderful opportunity to take into consideration if you are a senior in high school who has an excellent academic record and a strong interest in community service.