Data Entry Operator – Sudbury
Department: Sudbury PHOL
Job ID: 20-0199
$21.84 – $24.50 an hour
Posting Date: October 29, 2020
Closing Date: November 12, 2020
To provide data entry of laboratory test requisitions into a variety of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) utilized by Public Health Ontario.
- Provides data entry and scanning of laboratory requisitions into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other software (e.g., Excel, Access) and PHO systems (Laboratory Results Management Application (LRMA) within established key performance metrics.
- Reviews requisition to determine accuracy of information entered and conformance to PHOL standards when entering data into fields such as: patient name, HIN, patient demographics, tests requested, submitter/ordering practitioner, including clinical information.
- Communicates with clients by phone and/or FAX to confirm information required for accurate data entry.
- Refers matters to appropriate technical or supervisory staff where necessary.
- Maintains filing systems as required including filing of requisitions daily; locating PDFs of requisitions as requested by other laboratory staff.
- Assists with scanning, searching for requisitions not scanned and record storage process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills-
- Knowledge of general office procedures, instructions, and relevant reference materials, e.g., telephone directories or lists, staff lists and locations, mailing lists, as well as knowledge of the office organization and functions, in order to answer the telephone, direct callers and assist with various clerical tasks.
- Knowledge of Graphical User Interface (GIU) systems (i.e. Windows environment), data entry procedures, terminology and key boarding skills to accurately input data from laboratory requisitions, e.g. Agency, physician, contacts).
- Understanding of medical terminology in order to accurately input data (e.g. types of specimens, symptoms, types of tests carried out in the PHL).
- Skills in the use of Laboratory Information Systems, Microsoft Suite and web based information systems.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to request clarification of information from client’s e.g. missing information such as addresses, physician’s name, etc. and to perform reception duties.
Education and Experience-
- Completion of secondary school.
- Must be able to type 60 wpm and 10,000 keystrokes with per hour, with 95% accuracy mandatory.
Attributes and Competencies-
- Excellent record management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities to assist in any discrepancies.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving – missing data enquiries with external and internal clients.
- Able to work collaboratively to seek advice and direction in solving problems