The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Coordinator
Location: 6 Geo-Political Zones
Duration: November 2020 – June 2021
Recruitment Type: National (Short-term Contract)
Slot: 6 Openings
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of potential supervisors and interviewers.
- Coordinate with the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and National Population Commission (NPopC) on household listing, sampling of respondents, mobilization, and sensitization.
- Take overall responsibility for managing all field teams including biomarker/anthropometry field teams and communicate with government and community leaders.
- Train dietary interviewers on the dietary component of the survey.
- Provide hands-on support to all field supervisors.
- Oversee pre-testing and piloting activities.
- Keep fieldwork running to the agreed schedule (field calendar) and promptly report problems that might create overruns.
- Oversee data quality administration by carrying out random reviews of questionnaires on a timely basis to provide feedback to supervisors and interviewers as needed.
- Maintain the quality of data collection by encouraging diligent work by field teams and timely uploading of collected data.
- Develop a zonal field calendar in collaboration with the survey coordinator and component leads.
- Provide updates to overall survey coordinator and survey component leads.
- Write a report at the end of data collection on zonal activities and field experience and submit to the survey overall coordinator.
- Master’s in Nutrition, Food Science / Technology, Community Development or Public Health (or an advanced degree in a relevant field).
- An employee of state or federal government with above qualifications can also apply with minimum of five (5) years’ related experience performing related role. Candidates from the zone and residing in the zone are highly preferred.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in using tablet-based data collection
- Have familiarity working in rural Nigeria
- Be fluent in English and at least one local language spoken in the assigned zone are required.
- Application Closing Date
9th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted