The ELC Scholarship is a great opportunity for Black undergraduate and graduate students to receive financial support for their education. The scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to community service. In addition to the financial award, ELC Scholars also have access to internship and early career placement opportunities.
If you are a Black undergraduate and graduate student and you need funds to carry on with your academic pursuit, you can consider the ELC scholarship.
About ELC Scholarship
The ELC Scholarship is a program of The Executive Leadership Council (ELC), a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing Black corporate leadership. The scholarship program was created in 2001 to provide financial assistance to Black students who are pursuing degrees in business, STEM, and other fields.
The ELC Scholarship is funded by ELC’s corporate partners, who are committed to supporting the development of Black talent. The scholarship program has awarded over $1.4 million in scholarships to Black students since its inception.
ELC Scholars are selected based on their academic achievements, leadership skills, and commitment to community service. In addition to the financial award, ELC Scholars also receive access to internship and early career placement opportunities, networking opportunities with ELC members and corporate partners, mentorship from ELC members, and invitation to the annual ELC Honors Symposium.
The ELC Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for Black undergraduate and graduate students to receive financial support for their education and to gain access to resources that can help them succeed in their careers.
Benefits of the ELC Scholarship
Here are some of the benefits of the ELC Scholarship:
- Financial support: The ELC Scholarship provides financial assistance to help students pay for their tuition, fees, books, and other expenses. This can be a significant help for students who are facing financial challenges.
- Access to internship and early career placement opportunities: ELC Scholars have access to internship and early career placement opportunities with ELC’s corporate partners. This can give students a head start in their careers and help them make connections with potential employers.
- Networking opportunities: ELC Scholars have the opportunity to network with ELC members and corporate partners. This can help them build relationships with professionals in their field and learn about potential career opportunities.
- Mentorship: ELC Scholars are paired with ELC members who can provide mentorship and guidance. This can help students develop their professional skills and learn from experienced leaders.
- Invitation to the annual ELC Honors Symposium: ELC Scholars are invited to attend the annual ELC Honors Symposium. This is a multi-day event that provides networking opportunities, professional development workshops, and keynote speakers.
SEE ALSO: ASG Scholarship 2023: Apply Now
Here are the eligibility requirements for the ELC Scholarship:
- Be a Black undergraduate or graduate student: The scholarship is open to Black students who are enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Be enrolled full-time: Students must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0: Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a commitment to community service: Students must demonstrate leadership skills and a commitment to community service.
In addition to these general eligibility requirements, some scholarships may have additional requirements, such as:
- Specific majors: Some scholarships may be limited to students who are majoring in certain fields, such as business, STEM, or education.
- Financial need: Some scholarships may be need-based, meaning that students must demonstrate financial need in order to be eligible.
- Citizenship: Some scholarships may be limited to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Here are the requirements for the ELC Scholarship:
- Application form: Students must complete an online application form.
- Personal statement: Students must submit a personal statement that highlights their academic achievements, leadership skills, and commitment to community service.
- Two letters of recommendation: Students must submit two letters of recommendation from people who can attest to their academic achievements and leadership skills.
- Official transcripts: Students must submit official transcripts from their college or university.
- Proof of financial need (optional): Students may submit proof of financial need, but this is not required.
How to Apply
To apply for the ELC Scholarship, follow these steps:
Visit the ELC Scholarship website: Begin by visiting the official ELC Scholarship website at https://elcscholars.com/. This is where you will find detailed information about the scholarship program and the application process.
Review the eligibility requirements: Take the time to carefully read and understand the eligibility requirements provided on the website. Make sure you meet all the necessary criteria before proceeding with the application.
Complete the online application form: If you meet the eligibility criteria, fill out the online application form. Provide accurate personal information, including your academic achievements, leadership experiences, and involvement in community service. Ensure that you answer all the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Submit your personal statement: Along with the application form, you will be required to submit a personal statement. This statement should highlight your academic accomplishments, leadership skills, and dedication to community service. Craft a well-written and tailored personal statement specifically for the ELC Scholarship.
Arrange for two letters of recommendation: Request two individuals who can speak to your academic achievements and leadership skills to write letters of recommendation on your behalf. Choose recommenders who know you well and can provide valuable insights into your character, work ethic, and potential for success.
Provide official transcripts: Contact your college or university and request official transcripts to be sent directly to the ELC Scholarship program. These transcripts should accurately represent your academic performance and progress toward your degree.
Submit your application: Once you have completed all the necessary materials, review them for accuracy and completeness. Be mindful of the application deadline, which typically falls in the autumn. Submit your application through the designated online submission process or any other specified method.
The ELC Scholarship awards vary in amount depending on your course and other factors, but they can range from $8,000 to $20,000 per year.
The ELC scholarship application deadline is typically in the fall.
How to Make the Best Out of The ELC Scholarship
While the competition for the ELC Scholarship may be fierce, there are several strategies you can employ to enhance your chances of success. To increase your chances of being awarded the ELC Scholarship, make sure to:
Research and Preparation: Thoroughly research the scholarship program and tailor your application accordingly. Showcase your alignment with the scholarship’s values and goals.
Highlight Your Strengths: Emphasize your academic achievements, leadership skills, community involvement, and any unique experiences or qualities that make you stand out from other applicants.
Seek Guidance: Reach out to teachers, mentors, or individuals who have previously received the ELC Scholarship for advice and guidance. They can provide valuable insights and help you strengthen your application.
Proofread and Edit: Review your application materials multiple times to eliminate any grammatical errors or typos. Consider seeking feedback from trusted individuals to ensure your application is polished and error-free.
Be Genuine: Stay true to yourself throughout the application process. Let your passion, motivation, and genuine interest shine through in your personal statement and interviews.
Personal statement: Write a strong personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, leadership skills, and commitment to community service.
Recommendation: Ask two strong recommenders to write letters on your behalf.
The ELC Scholarship is a valuable opportunity for Black undergraduate and graduate students to receive financial support for their education. If you are a qualified student, I encourage you to apply for the scholarship. Good luck!