Scholarships are awarded through the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program, which is financed by the state of Florida, and are based on high school academic accomplishment. There are various award tiers in the program, each with their own eligibility requirements and award amounts. Per credit hour, awards are given.
The Florida Academic Scholars will be given an award that covers 100% of their tuition and other associated costs. Activities and services costs, health fees, athletic fees, financial aid fees, capital improvement fees, transportation and campus access fees, technology fees, and tuition differential fees are all applicable. Recipients of Florida Academic Scholarships are qualified for summer rewards.
Florida Medallion Scholars will be reimbursed for 75% of their Spring and Fall tuition and fees. Activities and services costs, health fees, athletic fees, financial aid fees, capital improvement fees, transportation and campus access fees, technology fees, and tuition differential fees are all applicable. Recipients of Florida Medallion Scholarships are eligible for summer scholarships.
Postgraduate Scholarship for Bright Futures
Bright Future scholarship providers are aware of the difficulty of funding a master’s degree. To assist you in moving forward and taking your next step, the new Bright Futures Postgraduate Scholarships offer a $2500 reduction in costs for UK-based students.
Excluding PGCE, MBA, MSc Global Plant Health, MSc Plant Genetics and Crop Improvement, foundation, pre-Masters, integrated Master’s, postgraduate certificate, graduate diploma, or postgraduate diploma programs, postgraduate teaching
If you are a citizen of the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man and are subject to the “home” charge status, you are eligible. For the duration of an eligible program, you are and will be self-funded. This indicates that you are responsible for covering the entire cost of your education, whether through personal savings, a loan (such as a government loan), or assistance from a friend or relative. More
Apply for: $5,000 Financial Support for You
Bright Futures Scholarship Application Requirements
Your scholarship is awarded based on your high school grades, SAT and ACT scores, and your compliance with specific conditions.
In your senior year of high school, complete the Florida Financial Aid Application and submit it to be considered for the Bright Futures Scholarship (after December 1 and prior to graduation).
Before graduating from high school, it is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the Bright Future Scholarship Program’s standards. Online applications are accepted at Florida Student Financial Aid.
Bright Futures Scholarship Award Amount
The State will decide the cost of each credit hour on an annual basis.
Based on the actual number of credits you enroll in after drop/add, award amounts will be modified.
The award will be projected by Florida State University based on 15 credits per semester and at the conclusion of each term’s drop/add period. Details
How to Restore your scholarship
In specific situations that may lead to lost of Bright Futures Scholarship, there is a chance for a single restoration.
- You won’t be given a restoration opportunity if you don’t reach the minimum earned hours requirement during ANY academic year renewal period (end of spring term).
- After the first year of funding, you won’t be given the chance to apply for restoration if you don’t have the necessary number of earned hours or GPA.
- Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) with a final GPA of 2.75-2.99 will continue as Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS). The student will reinstate as a FAS by utilizing the one-time restoration chance if their GPA rises above a 3.0 in a subsequent renewal cycle.
- If you have a one-time restoration chance available, summer grades and hours achieved after spring evaluation may be used to satisfy the scholarship renewal requirements. The Bright Futures office must receive a summer grades and hours update from an FSU financial aid advisor that includes the revised cumulative GPA and hours.
- If you did not get financing during the previous academic year and your previous status was ineligible due to not completing renewal requirements, you will need to