Walmart continues to be one of the biggest names in the retail industry, with thousands of employees and locations all over the world. The company also gives back to students who want to pursue an education after high school with the Walmart Foundation’s Walmart Scholarship Program, which has been awarded annually
The Walmart scholarship is available to staff members (employees) who participate in the Walmart Lifelong Learning Program through American Public University, as well as associates pursuing postsecondary education at a college or university.
Overview of the Walmart Scholarship
The Walmart Foundation offers a scholarship each year. The program is designed for associates with a high school/home or homeschool diploma or a GED.
The maximum award amount for winners over a 6-year period is $16,000.
The mission of the Walmart Foundation is to create opportunities for people to live better lives.
Walmart is dedicated to improving people’s lives by addressing community needs and expanding opportunities for education, workforce development, environmental sustainability, and health and wellness.
Walmart also provides assistance to disaster relief efforts, to veterans and military families, to people with disabilities, and to the underserved.
Before applying for the Walmart Scholarship 2022, associates must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent legal resident of the US.
- Must have worked part-time or full-time for Walmart for at least six months prior to the application deadline for the award period for which the associate is applying.
- Must have completed high school/home school, obtained a GED, or be a graduating high school senior planning to attend college or university after graduation.
- If you are a graduating high school senior, you must wait until you are within 6 months of starting college courses to apply.
- Must have a financial need and be able to demonstrate it with the necessary documents. (Note: Associates with other funds who pay tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board in full are ineligible.)
- Academic requirements: Before applying, an associate must have graduated high school/home school or obtained a GED, or be a graduating high school senior who is within 6 months of beginning a college course.
What is the Value of a Walmart scholarship?
The Walmart Scholarship Program provides up to $13,000 in scholarships that can be used over a four-year period.
The curriculum is intended for individuals who have a high school diploma, a home school diploma, or a GED.
The winners will receive a maximum payment of $16,000 over the course of six years.
The Walmart Scholarship application process for 2022 is simple. All you need to do is follow the steps outlined below.
- Candidates must register in order to apply for the scholarship.
- Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Walmart Associate Scholarship application’s Welcome Page.
- Fill out all of the required fields in the online application and upload your financial documents.
- On the Save/Submit page of the online application, click the Submit button.
Click on this link to get started
Host and Eligible Nationality
The Walmart Scholarship Program is hosted in the United States, and the Walmart Scholarship Application is open to only students in the United States.
Walmart Scholarship Deadline
The Walmart scholarship are divided into four quarterly application periods:
February 1 – March 1,
May 1 – June 1,
August 1 – September 1, and
November 1 – December 1.
The current application period runs from November 1 to December 1 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Tips for Winning a Walmart Scholarship
- Complete the application (it takes less than 10 minutes).
- Share your story. The committee wants to know why you want a Walmart scholarship and what you plan to do with it.
- Include all of your personal information in your essay, as well as any awards or recognition received in high school or college.
- Proofread carefully—typos can be costly!
- Be mindful of the application deadline and make sure you are able to meet it.
- If you are applying for both the Walmart Scholarship program, please review the guidelines carefully before submitting your applications.
- Follow up with letters of recommendation if they haven’t already been submitted on your behalf by your high school counselor or academic advisor.
- If you have any questions about whether or not you qualify for a Walmart Scholarship ask.
Q: Who can receive a Walmart Foundation scholarship?
A: A student must be a graduating high school senior, a permanent legal resident of the United States, and have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 to be considered. Winners will be chosen by the Scholarship Program Administrators (SPA) based on financial need, academic record, and school and community involvement.
Q: Does Walmart provide scholarship opportunities?
A: The Wal-Mart Scholarship Program awards scholarships of up to $13,000 over four academic years. Financial needs and academic performance will be used to evaluate eligible applicants who complete the online application process.
Q: What supporting documentation is required for this Walmart Scholarships application
A: A copy of your most recent tax return (IRS form 1040- first pages only).
Q: Is Walmart only willing to pay for online college?
Q: Yes! Walmart employees can earn a college degree or certificate, as well as complete a high school diploma or learn a language, for free.
Q: Does Walmart cover the cost of college?
A: Walmart is available to all American Walmart employees. Connecting the United States. Walmart will cover the entire cost, including financial aid, education, fees, and books.
Q: Is Walmart willing to pay off student loans?
A: Walmart, the largest private employer in the United States, will now assist its associates in paying for college without incurring student loan debt. Walmart will cover the entire cost of tuition and books. Walmart’s Live Better U education program makes it available.
The Walmart scholarship is a great opportunity for students who are planning on attending college, but cannot afford it.
It would be best to apply as soon as possible in order to increase your chances of being selected for the scholarship. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.