Education can be one of the best investments you can make in your future, but it’s hard to get that degree without any help from other people. That’s where the Smysor Scholarship IL comes in.
The Smysor Scholarship, Windsor, Illinois, is designed specifically for needy high school students.
It is intended to assist vibrant students from the state of Illinois who demonstrate outstanding academic and community involvement as well as qualities of leadership within their school.
The scholarship organizers hope to raise students who will benefit their hometown of Windsor, Illinois, and the world at large.
About the Smysor Scholarship IL
The John D. Smysor Educational Foundation, Inc. is the organization responsible for the scholarship.
The foundation was specifically established to offer scholarships to high school graduates with a record of academic and athletic success who require financial support to pursue their post-secondary education goals.
The John D. Smysor Foundation offers renewable two-year scholarships of up to $4,000 for up to ten (10) qualified students each year in an effort to support student athletes who want to further their academic training.
The program is not based solely on athletic or performance records and does not mandate participation in any particular sport or team at a higher education institution.
High school seniors who have been accepted into an undergraduate program and intend to enroll in a college or university are eligible for this scholarship.
This scholarship will be given to a high school student who has consistently put forth effort, shown dedication, and achieved success.
The scholarship will be given based on academic achievement, financial need, and noteworthy extracurricular activities that exhibit leadership qualities; however, applicants will also be judged on their talent or community service.
Awardees must reside and work in one of Illinois’ nine central counties (LaSalle, Livingston, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, and Pike) for at least three years after their undergraduate studies are complete.
Before extending scholarship eligibility and award amounts, previous recipients must present proof of employment or enrollment status.
What are the benefits of receiving the Smysor Scholarship IL?
The benefits of receiving the Smysor Scholarship are endless and include:
- Helping you pay for college tuition, books, and fees.
- Providing funding for your living expenses while attending college.
- Allowing you to focus on academics without the need to work full-time during the school year.
- Giving you more time to explore career opportunities before graduating from college. Saving time and money in the long run as it takes less years and fewer credits for students who receive scholarships or grants to graduate from college than those who have taken out loans.
- Increasing chances of getting accepted into a competitive program or prestigious university.
- Putting yourself at an advantage when applying for jobs post-graduation because many employers look favorably upon applicants with excellent grades and generous financial aid packages.
- Having peace of mind knowing that your family will not be left with heavy amounts of debt due to the amount they borrowed in order to send you to college.
Who is eligible for the Smysor Scholarship IL?
- This scholarship is primarily intended for graduating high school seniors who intend to enroll in college or a university and who have been accepted into an undergraduate program.
- A scholarship will be given to a student who has shown a commitment to excellence in both academics and athletics throughout their high school career.
- Scholarships will only be given based solely on academic merit.
- Only students with significant extracurricular involvement and those who are economically disadvantaged would be given consideration for leadership qualities.
- Applicants must provide a high school or college transcript, as well as ACT or SAT scores (if applicable) and college financial aid information.
- Additionally, talent and community involvement are important factors in selecting applicants.
- Following graduation, winners must accept living and working in one of Illinois’ nine (9) central counties, including LaSalle, Livingston, Macoupin, Madison, and Pike, for at least three (3) years.
- Awardees must be able to provide documentation proving their employment or enrollment status and must successfully complete their verification process before their scholarship eligibility and grant amount are renewed.
How to apply for the Smysor Scholarship
The Smysor Scholarship offers scholarships to high school students who demonstrate outstanding academic and community involvement, as well as leadership and drive within their school and community to help better their home town of Windsor, Illinois, and the world around them.
The scholarship application can be found on the website, www.enrichingourcommunity.org/Scholarships.
Applicants must fill out the Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation Common Scholarship application, which is a general application that determines eligibility for one or more Community Foundation scholarships.
Applicants will provide additional information for additional applications once they have submitted theirs.
Each year, the John D. Smysor Foundation awards up to ten (10) qualified students renewable, two-year scholarships of up to $4,000 in an effort to support student-athletes who have chosen to pursue their careers and seek to improve their academic skills.
Windsor Illinois Smysor Scholarship Deadline
The application deadline is Friday, March 11, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Tips to Apply and Win the Schorlaship
The Smysor Scholarship is an opportunity for you to make a difference. Here are 10 tips on how to apply and win the scholarship!
- Apply early!
- Take on leadership roles in your high school to be eligible for this program.
- Fill out the application completely and accurately. Be sure to include all of your contact information, upload your resume and transcripts if requested, and answer the essay questions thoroughly.
- Participate in sports as well.
Q: How does the application process work?
A: The application for the Smysor Scholarship is available online and can be submitted at any time before the deadline.
Q: Who should apply for this scholarship?
A; The scholarship is open to residents of Windsor IL and Sandwich IL with a family income of less than $70,000 and who are currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at an accredited college or university
We hope you will consider making a difference in someone’s life by donating to the Smysor Scholarship Fund.
No amount is too small, and every penny goes directly toward helping students achieve their dreams of higher education.
If you’re motivated by the opportunity to make a difference and have an interest in STEM fields, then this scholarship is just what you’re looking for.
The deadline is coming up on March 11, 2023, so act quickly if you want to apply!