The spouse or child of a holder of a UK Points-Based System (PBS) visa may move to the UK with them with the aid of a PBS Dependent Visa. You might be able to apply for a PBS Dependant Visa in order to live with someone who has a PBS visa if you are their spouse or child.
You must fulfill the following requirements in order to be qualified for a PBS Dependant Visa:
- You must be the spouse or minor child (under 18) of a PBS visa holder.
- You must possess a current passport.
- To enter the UK, you must be able to show that you have the money to sustain yourself and any dependents.
- You cannot have ever been convicted of a crime.
If you satisfy these requirements, you can apply for a PBS Dependant Visa by doing what is described below:
- assemble all the required paperwork. This includes your passport, any other documents requested by the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) department, and evidence of your relationship to the holder of the PBS visa (such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate).
- Fill out the online application. The application form is available on the UKVI website.
- Make the visa payment. To apply for a PBS Dependant Visa, you must pay a fee. The UKVI website also lists the current charge.
- Send your application in. You have two options for submitting your application once you’ve gathered all the required paperwork and filled out the form: online or via mail.
The UKVI has a three-week processing window for applications. You will get a letter of acceptance and directions on how to pick up your visa if your application is accepted.
>>>Federal Circuit Bar Association Scholarship
Who may apply for a PBS dependant visa? What is it?
On PBS (Points-Based System) A PBS visa holder in the UK may bring their spouse, partner, or dependent children with them to the nation on a dependent visa. It is a specific kind of family visa that enables family members to cohabitate, work, and study alongside a relative in the UK.
You must be the spouse, partner, or dependent child of a holder of one of the following types of PBS visas in order to be qualified to apply for a PBS Dependent visa:
- Level 1 Visa (Except Tier 1 Entrepreneur)
- Level 2 Visa
- Level 4 Visa (Student Visa)
- Level 5 Visa (Temporary Worker Visa)
You must also be able to show that you are financially dependent on the person you are applying to join in the UK, or that you are a member of their household. Additionally, you must meet the requirements for family visas, including showing that you have a genuine relationship with the person you are applying to join in the UK.
>>>How to Apply for Ust Scholarship
Continue to be a PBS Dependent
You must apply for leave to remain as a PBS Dependant if you hold a PBS Dependant visa and wish to remain in the UK after the initial visa period has ended.
You must fulfill a number of requirements before you may apply for leave to remain as a PBS Dependent, including:
- holding a current passport
- Having your biometric data, such as your fingerprints and photo, taken in the UK
- Having the necessary English language proficiency
- being able to sustain yourself and any dependents on your own terms, without relying on governmental assistance
- Finding suitable housing in the UK
You must also show that you are still their husband, partner, or dependant kid in the UK, that you are still their dependent on them financially, and that you are still a member of their home.
It’s crucial to remember that you must submit your request for permission to stay before your existing visa expires. You risk losing your right to stay in the UK and even being forced to leave if you submit your application after the deadline.
Rules for the Dependent Visa
The type of PBS visa that the individual you are joining in the UK has will determine the requirements for a PBS Dependant visa.
You may work in the UK while on a PBS Dependant visa if the individual you are accompanying in the country has a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa. You will only be permitted to work in the UK if you are a dependent of a Tier 4 (General) student and the employment is unpaid if the individual you are joining has a Tier 4 (Student) visa.
You are also permitted to pursue a degree in the UK if you have a PBS Dependant visa. You might, however, need to pay tuition for your courses.
As long as your PBS Dependant visa is in effect, you may come to and go from the UK as often as you wish. Your PBS Dependant visa, however, might no longer be valid if you leave the UK for more than two years, in which case you might need to apply for a new visa in order to reenter the country.
The requirements for a PBS Dependant visa may alter over time, so it’s necessary to check the UK government website for the most recent details.
>>>> How to Apply for Megaworld Scholarship
You can enter the UK temporarily for a specific purpose, such as visiting family or friends, going on vacation, or attending a business conference, with the help of a visit visa.
There are various visit visa categories, including:
- Standard Visitor Visa: This visa enables you to remain in the UK for a maximum of six months for leisure travel, to see family or friends, or for other reasons including attending a conference or getting medical care.
- This type of visa is for individuals who want to go to the UK to be married or register for a civil partnership. You can stay in the UK for a maximum of six months.
- This type of visa is for visitors who have been invited to the UK to perform specified paid employment without establishing a business or taking up a permanent position. You are permitted to remain in the UK for a month.
- This type of visa is for travelers who are transiting through the UK on their way to another nation. You are permitted to stay in the UK for a maximum of 48 hours.
Frequently asked question (FQAs)
Who is eligible for a UK visa as a dependent?
A spouse, partner, or kid under the age of 18 who is applying to join the primary applicant in the UK and is financially reliant on them is referred to as a dependant in the context of UK visas.
You must be able to prove that you are either a member of the primary applicant’s household or that you are financially reliant on them in order to be eligible for a UK visa. This can entail proving that you live in the same house as the primary applicant or that they provide financial support for you.
Additionally, you need to demonstrate that you truly have a relationship with the primary applicant in order to qualify for a family visa. Giving proof of your marriage or partnership, such as a marriage license or proof of cohabitation, may be required.
If you are a minor under the age of 18, you must additionally be able to demonstrate that you are a household member or that you are financially dependent on the primary applicant.
It is significant to note that based on the particular visa category and the circumstances of the primary applicant, the conditions for being a dependent for a UK visa may change. For the most recent information, see the UK government’s website.
Are dependent visas subject to rejection?
The strength of this visa application in terms of supporting papers, finances, and ties to your family’s native country will determine if it is granted. A visa will be denied if the required information is not provided.
PBS is dependent on what?
The partner or dependant child under the age of 18 of a Points-Based System (PBS) migrant who wishes to join them in this country are applicants for this kind of family visa in the UK.
How may a Nigerian apply for a dependent visa to the UK?
What Paperwork Must I Submit When I Apply for a UK PBS Dependent Visa?
- a passport or other acceptable travel authorization.
- birth certificate for a child or marriage certificate for your spouse.
- Bank records.
- Evidence of the dependent’s relationship to the main applicant.
- Your TB test results (if applicable)
PBS Dependent: Is this a family visa?
Certain family members of people who hold or are applying for a UK visa via the points-based system are permitted to enter and reside in the country with the help of a PBS dependant visa, also known as a Family Member of a PBS Migrant visa (PBS).