About the scholarship
Orthopedic Surgery Scholarship Programme is about caring the injured which is essential. It must be a priority in the development of strategies to curb the devastating effects of orthopaedic injuries.
To help address this problem, the AO Alliance and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship programme to support orthopaedic surgeons in Training, help them complete the Programme by Examination, and advance Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Capacity in sub-Saharan Africa in COSECSA member countries.
About the host body/board
AO Alliance is a developmental nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the care of the injured in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Our mission is to reduce human suffering, disability and poverty. We envision a world where timely and appropriate fracture care is accessible to everyone. This goal can be achieved by implementing innovative, sustainable and effective programs that enhance fracture care. They’re the body hosting orthopedic Surgery Scholarship in Sub-Saharan Africa
- The program is open to final-year COSECSA FCS orthopaedic trainees; Non-COSECSA Orthopaedic surgeons working in a COSECSA accredited hospital who wish to advance their knowledge and Final year (Fifth year) MMed trainees intending to take the Fellowship (FCS Ortho) examination in 2022.
- The award should be used for Programme Entry (enrollment) and Fellowship (FCS) examination expenses.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat
- Only Sub Saharan African can apply
Application deadline:30th October,2021
Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks
Other Scholarships available
International regional scholarship for international students
Unil Master’s Scholarship in Switzerland
Value of AO Alliance-COSECSA Orthopaedic Surgery Scholarship:
The award should be used for Programme Entry (enrollment) and Fellowship (FCS) examination expenses.
Each scholarship is worth USD1,400. The number of awards is fifteen (15).
Each scholarship is worth USD1,400. The number of awards is fifteen (15)
How to Apply for the AO Alliance-COSECSA Orthopaedic Surgery Scholarship Programme
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcomes, a current CV,and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- Please use COSECSA/AO ALLIANCE/2021/1 as the Scholarship Reference Number.
- All applications must be submitted online through the scholarship application form addressed to the COSECSA Registrar using the following Link👇
- Apply here now