The Kansas Promise Scholarship is a financial aid program designed to support students in pursuing their higher education in the state of Kansas.
This scholarship offers various benefits and opportunities to eligible candidates. Here is everything you need to know about the Kansas Promise Scholarship.
About Kansas Promise Scholarship
The Kansas Promise Scholarship is a state-funded scholarship that provides financial assistance to eligible students who are attending a Kansas public college or university.
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition, required fees, books, and materials up to a maximum of $20,000 per student.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Kansas Promise Scholarship offers a number of benefits to eligible students, including:
- The Kansas Promise Scholarship pays for the full cost of education at any public college or university in Kansas. This means that students who are qualified can go to college without worrying about how to pay for it.
- Coverage of required fees, books, and materials: The Kansas Promise Scholarship also pays for required fees, books, and materials. This means that students who qualify can focus on their schoolwork without having to worry about how to pay for these necessities.
- No need to pay it back. Since the Kansas Promise Scholarship is a gift, there is no need to pay it back. This means that students who are qualified can use the scholarship to pay for college without having to worry about paying it back later.
- The Kansas Promise Scholarship is a great way for students who qualify to get money to help pay for college. If you want to apply for the scholarship, make sure you meet all the standards and send in your application before the deadline.
- Access to higher education: The Kansas Promise Scholarship can help qualified students get better access to higher education. This is because the grant can help pay for tuition, fees, books, and other school supplies. This can help students who are qualified go to college and help them reach their educational goals.
- Better job opportunities: The Scholarship can help qualified students get better job opportunities. This is because going to college can lead to jobs that pay more. The grant can help make college less expensive and help students get their degrees. This can lead to better job options for students who are eligible.
- Strengthened workforce: The Kansas Promise Scholarship can help to improve the Kansas workforce. This is because the scholarship can help bright students come to Kansas and stay there. This could help Kansas’s economy grow and help create new jobs.
In order to qualify for a service scholarship, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- United States Citizenship and Kansas Residency: Applicants must be citizens of the United States and residents of Kansas.
- Secondary School Completion: Graduated from a secondary school within the past 12 months, OR Attended a secondary school and obtained an equivalent credential within the past 12 months, OR Been a Kansas resident for the preceding three consecutive years, OR Dependent child of a military servicemember permanently stationed in another state who graduated from an out-of-state secondary school or obtained a high school equivalency within the past 12 months, OR Was under the custody of the KS Department of Children and Families at any time during grades 9-12.
- Family Household Income: Family household income must be $100,000 or less for a family of two, OR $150,000 or less for a family of three, AND $150,000 plus $4,800 per additional family member beyond three.
Eligible Fields Of Study
The Promise Scholarship recognizes specific fields of study that are eligible for the program. These fields include:
- Information Technology and Security
- Mental and Physical Healthcare
- Advanced Manufacturing and Building Trades
- Early Childhood Education and Development
- One additional field of study designated by the institution and approved by the Board of Regents.
Moreover, the additional field of study must fall within the following areas:
- Food and Natural Resources
- Education and Training
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
In the event that an institution designates an additional program, it must remain in effect for a minimum of three years. After this period, a new program may be selected as long as it corresponds to a high-wage, high-demand, or critical-need occupation.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must fulfill the following steps:
- Submit the designated scholarship application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Enter into an agreement specific to the Kansas Promise Scholarship.
- Enroll in an eligible institution and pursue a program of study within the eligible fields.
- Successfully complete the chosen program within 36 months from the initial awarding of the Kansas Promise scholarship.
READ NOW: AIU Scholarship 2023: Apply Now
How to Apply
To apply for the Scholarship, students must complete the following steps:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit an application for the Kansas Promise Scholarship
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable)
Click here to get started.
The Kansas Scholarship can be used for a maximum of 68 credit hours or $20,000 per student throughout their academic journey, whichever is reached first.
The specific amount awarded and eligibility for the scholarship will be determined by your educational institution.
This determination will be based on the cost of the program you have selected, the information provided in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you are required to complete when applying for the Kansas Promise Scholarship, and any additional financial aid you may be receiving.
The application deadlines for the Kansas Promise Scholarship are as follows:
- Fall 2023: The application deadline is November 1, 2023.
- Spring 2024: The application deadline is April 1, 2024.
- Summer 2024: The application deadline is June 1, 2024.
READ ALSO: Kaleidoscope Scholarship 2023: How to Apply
How to Ace The Scholarship
To increase your chances of being awarded the Scholarship, you can follow these tips:
- Make sure you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible.
- Submit a well-written application.
- Include all required documentation.
- Maintain a high GPA.
The Kansas Promise Scholarship is a great opportunity for eligible students to receive financial assistance for college. If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, be sure to meet all of the eligibility requirements and submit your application by the deadline.