Hispanic Scholarship Fund provides support services and scholarships to as many deserving students, HSF Scholars, and Alumni as it can, while also empowering parents and students with the information and tools they need to complete a higher education successfully.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) is a fantastic resource for students who want to cut the expense of their education and position themselves for success after graduation. In addition to providing a wide range of support services to help students thrive in higher education, the HSF also has some lovely advantages that students can take advantage of.
Apply for: CNU Multiple Free Study Opportunities Today
How to Apply for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund
To submit your online application for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, you will need to collect a number of papers. Fortunately, it’s not too difficult!
You’ll need the following:
Your most current transcript from high school or college
These may be available for online requests. If not, you should consult your high school guidance counselor or the registrar at your institution.
A finished FAFSA
If you’ve never done this, check out the guide on how to apply for FAFSA
Your Student Aid Report in copy (SAR)
Once your FAFSA is submitted, you’ll receive this.
letter from the college or university you plan to attend confirming your financial aid award. The financial aid office at your institution or university will provide you with this.
A professional headshot or student photo must be submitted.
Confirmation of enrollment from your college or university
You must ask for this from the admissions office at your institution. Alternatively, if you haven’t registered yet, you can hold off until the summer after you’ve been notified of your HSF grant.
A narrative essay
You will be required to submit an essay outlining your objectives, talents, educational philosophy, and motivation for applying to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
At least one letter of academic recommendation
A teacher, academic adviser or guidance counselor, or another individual who has influenced your academic growth, must write this letter on your behalf. Additional letters of recommendation, such as those from individuals who are acquainted with you outside the academic setting, may also be included (e.g. sports coach, your boss at work).
Documentation Authorizing Employment (EAD)
Only DACA recipients are subject to this obligation.
See also: National Merit Scholarships
Conditions for Hispanic Scholarship Fund Eligibility
To become an HSF Scholar and be eligible for scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Has to be of Hispanic descent
- U.S. citizen, long-term resident, or DACA recipient
- High school students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent); college and graduate students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equal).
- Plan to enroll full-time for the 2022–2023 academic year in a four-year institution in the US that is accredited and is either public or not-for-profit.
- FAFSA or state-based financial aid forms should be submitted (if applicable)
You have access to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund at almost every point in your academic career, including when you are:
- In a senior year in high school
- An university student (all years)
- Transferring from a community college to a four-year university
- A Law, medical, an MBA, and all other full-time master’s or doctoral students
Checkout: Financial Support for Your Football Career
6 Advantages Enjoyed by Winners of this Award
If funds are available, you may be qualified to receive a scholarship as an HSF Scholar and have access to HSF’s vital Scholar Support Services.
- From a large and brilliant pool of applicants, HSF selects over 10,000 excellent students to become HSF Scholars each year.
- HSF Scholars have access to a wide array of priceless Scholar Support Assistance, such as career services, mentoring, leadership development, informational augmentation, and wellness education
- Access to specific internship and employment possibilities with HSF corporate partners is one of the career services offered.
- All Scholar Conferences, including the STEM Summit, Finance Summit, Media & Entertainment Summit, Entrepreneurship Summit, and Healthcare Summit, are open to HSF Scholars.
- Exclusive entry to the HSF Insider, which gives priceless details and employment chances
- Finally, and most crucially, HSF offers more than $30 million in scholarships each year. HSF Scholars may also be qualified for one of these scholarships, which are given directly to students and range in value from $500 to $5,000.