The Harding Miller Education Foundation is pleased to announce the 2023 Harding Miller Scholarship. This scholarship is open to high-achieving girls entering Year 9 in 2023. The scholarship provides a range of benefits, including a high-quality laptop, data, remote IT support, tutoring, a prepaid card for school expenses, online homework help, and more.
About Harding Miller Scholarship
The Harding Miller Education Foundation is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2009 by Harding Miller, a successful businessman and philanthropist.
The foundation’s mission is to “provide educational opportunities to girls from under-resourced backgrounds so that they can reach their full potential.”
The Harding Miller Scholarship is one of the foundation’s flagship programs. The scholarship is designed to help girls from under-resourced backgrounds succeed in high school and beyond. The scholarship provides a range of benefits that can help girls overcome financial barriers to education and achieve their goals.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Harding Miller Scholarship provides a range of benefits, including:
- A high-quality laptop
- Remote IT support
- A prepaid card for school expenses
- Online homework help
These benefits can help girls from under-resourced backgrounds succeed in high school and beyond. The laptop and data can help girls access educational resources and complete their assignments.
The remote IT support can help girls troubleshoot technical problems and get the most out of their technology. The tutoring can help girls improve their academic performance. The prepaid card for school expenses can help girls pay for textbooks, uniforms, and other school supplies. The online homework help can help girls stay on top of their schoolwork.
To be eligible for the Harding Miller Scholarship, you must:
- Have high academic results or potential Have low socio-economic conditions
- Be a female student attending a public high school and currently enrolled in the eighth grade (you will start ninth grade in 2023)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident Have high academic results or potential
- Have high academic results or potential
- You also need to show that you have the ambition to succeed academically and professionally, including the plan to enroll in postsecondary education if you want to be considered for this scholarship.
- An enthusiasm for extracurricular, community, and leadership activities will be viewed favorably as a qualification.
To apply for the Harding Miller Scholarship, you must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of your most recent school report
How to Apply
To apply for the Harding Miller Education Foundation Scholarship, students need to visit the online portal through the Foundation’s website. Before starting the application, it’s essential to gather the following information, which will be required for submission:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Primary phone number (home or mobile)
- Postal address
- School email (used to set up your laptop)
- Personal email (if applicable)
- 400-word personal statement describing how you meet the selection criteria and why you are a suitable candidate
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Parent/Guardian Details (at least one, up to two):
- Phone number
- Email address
- Relationship to the student
- Country of birth
- Parent/Guardian must sign the consent form, agreeing to the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
- Name of school
- Name, phone number, and email address of Your Principal and Your School Administration Manager
- A reference from your Principal explaining how they think you meet the scholarship criteria
- Scan of your most recent school report
- Scan of your Year 7 NAPLAN results (example)
Personal Referee Details:
- Relationship to the student
- Organization & position
- Phone number & email address
- A personal reference explaining how they think you meet the scholarship criteria
Basic Information about You and Your Family:
- The highest qualification obtained by a member of your immediate family
- Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Pacific Islander, or South Sea Islander heritage
- Non-English speaking family background
- Languages spoken at home
- Experience in out-of-home care
- Economic hardship experienced by you and your family
- How you found out about the scholarship
Once you have completed your application and filled in all the required fields, including references and reports as requested, you may proceed with the submission process.
Remember to review your application carefully before submitting to ensure all information is accurate and complete.
The total value of the scholarship, which is awarded over a period of four years, is roughly $20,000.
- Applicants that are successful in 2023 will be provided with the support listed below:
- Great assistance with both laptops and help desks
- 4G mobile broadband, which includes 20 GB of internet each month;
- $2500 worth of in-person or online tutoring per year;
- A subscription to an online study help provider;
- A pre-paid card for $650 worth of educational expenses each year;
- Mentoring from a personal coach.
- In addition, scholars have access to Enhanced Learning, a program that teaches study techniques, as well as a wide variety of additional options to boost their careers and educations.
The application deadline for the Harding Miller Scholarship is March 1, 2023 and officially closed. We will keep you updated once the next batch of applications opens.
How to Ace The Scholarship
To ace the Harding Miller Scholarship, you should:
- Start early and plan ahead.
- Make sure you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- Write a strong personal statement that highlights your academic achievements, leadership skills, and financial need.
- Ask two teachers or mentors who know you well to write letters of recommendation for you.
- Submit all of your application materials by the deadline.
- Customize your application to highlight your alignment with the Haileybury Scholarship. Emphasize how your academic and personal goals resonate with the scholarship’s values. Showcase how your unique experiences and perspectives will enrich the Haileybury community.
- The scholarship committee values candidates who display leadership potential. Engage in extracurricular activities that allow you to take on leadership roles, such as student government, clubs, or community organizations. Showcase your ability to motivate and inspire others, and highlight any initiatives you have taken to make a positive impact in your community.
The Harding Miller Scholarship is a great opportunity for high-achieving girls from under-resourced backgrounds. The scholarship can help girls overcome financial barriers to education and achieve their goals. If you are a girl who meets the eligibility requirements, I encourage you to apply for the Harding Miller Scholarship.