The Equitable Excellence Scholarship provides undergraduate students with financial assistance, allowing them to pursue career goals and study opportunities regardless of their current financial situation.
To be eligible for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship, you must be a full-time student at an accredited two- or four-year U.S. college/university and possess leadership potential.
These are some of the things you need to know about the Equitable Excellence Scholarship 2023 before you apply.
What is Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is a competitive merit-based scholarship. It assists students in covering the costs of attending college.
Every year, the Equitable Foundation awards a $5,000 scholarship to 100 Equitable Excellence Scholarship recipients who best demonstrate “leadership, determination, and resilience as critical enablers of their future success.”
This scholarship is renewable for all four years of college, helping Equitable Excellence Scholarship recipients and their families significantly reduce the cost of college.
Who is eligible for Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Be current high school seniors who intend to enroll full-time in a two- or four-year college or university in the United States for the upcoming academic year.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident residing in one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
- Be willing to sign a release allowing publicizing of one‘s identities and accomplishments, as well as photographs for use in Program promotion/information.
How Much is the Scholarship Worth?
The maximum authorized distribution for new awards is $750,000. Up to 100 renewable $5,000 awards and up to 100 one-time $2,500 awards will be given as follows:
- Top 100 applicants – $5,000 awards are renewable for up to three years or until completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first, based on satisfactory academic performance and continued enrollment, and
- The next 100 applicants will receive $2,500 one-time awards that are not renewable.
- A $500 grant will be given to each recipient’s high school to be used for professional development activities.
- The awards are only for undergraduate studies. Enrollment in an accredited postsecondary institution outside of the United States may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What are the selection criteria for Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Leadership and involvement in school and community activities
- Working knowledge
- Exceptional personal or family circumstances
- A personalized essay
- Financial assistance will be required. Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
“The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is designed to inspire and empower individuals to be a Force for Good in their communities while investing in their future success. Please share how you are demonstrating courage, and plan to display strength and/or share wisdom with others in pursuit of achieving your dreams and making a positive impact in your local community and beyond. Please be specific about how you intend to continue your positive journey with assistance from the scholarship.”
When is the deadline?
The application for the scholarship will open on October 18, 2022, and close on December 16, 2022. Applications are available online.
How is the Equitable Excellence Scholarship Judged?
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship recognizes students who have excelled in the areas of leadership and community service.
As a result, good grades and test scores are essential. However, they are not enough to ensure that you will be among the winners.
The scholarship committee seeks students who have demonstrated the ability to take on leadership roles in their community.
They are specifically looking for students who have the “courage to pursue what is possible; demonstrate strength in dealing with challenges, and share wisdom with others.”
Previous scholarship recipients have demonstrated a strong commitment to their communities, taken on important leadership roles, and achieved significant positive outcomes.
The Selection Process for Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- A committee of Council staff and members reviews the applications.
- The committee considers the student’s academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and personal statements.
- Students must have demonstrated the ability to overcome adversity to qualify for The Scholarship
The selection process has four stages:
- The application portal opens on October 18, 2022, and closes on December 16, 2022.
- Applications are reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Judges select a pool of semifinalists (early March).
- Semifinalists are asked to provide additional information, including two letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and proof of financial need (mid-March).
- The selection panel evaluates this additional information and selects the finalists and winners.
How to Apply for Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is a program that offers funding and resources to talented students who have overcome significant obstacles.
The program aims to encourage students to pursue higher education and expand their horizons by providing financial assistance.
The Equitable Excellence Scholarship program is open only to students who are citizens of the United States and Puerto Rico, legal residents or nationals of Canada or Mexico, and international students who can demonstrate financial need.
The scholarship covers tuition, fees, books, and supplies for full-time enrollment at an accredited institution in the United States.
To apply for the Equitable Excellence Scholarship 2023, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the website of the Equitable Excellence Scholarship and fill out the application form.
Step 2: Submit all required documents, such as certificates, transcripts, and recommendation letters. You can upload them to the online application
Step 3: Wait for them to communicate with you.
When is the Payment of Scholarships
For the Equitable Foundation, Scholarship America handles the processing of scholarship payments. Payment is made in August.
Tips to Win the Equitable Excellence Scholarship
- Be yourself, but be your best self.
- Concentrate on the application questions.
- Write about what matters to you, not what you think will sound good.
- Ask your teacher or parents for feedback on the draft of your essay before submitting it.
- Use spell and grammar checking, but don’t rely on them to catch errors.
- Know when to take a break and when to stop writing.
- Don’t be afraid to share who you are and how you think.
- Don’t reuse an old essay, scholarship judges have probably read it before.
- Know that you are enough just as you are.
- Show your personality, don’t tell them about it.
- Instead of just listing what you have done in the past, focus on what you will do in the future with the money and opportunity.
- Highlight any financial need you may have, this might tip the scales in your favor.
Q: What is the Equitable Excellence Scholarship?
A: The Equitable Excellence Scholarship is a scholarship program designed to help students with financial needs complete their education. The scholarship is available to all students who are enrolled at a two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
Q: How much scholarship can I get?
A: The amount of the scholarship will depend on your academic performance and your age. The amount varies from $2,000 to $5,000 per year.
Q: How do I apply?
A: The application process is online and it takes only a few minutes to complete. You need to submit your application form and transcript of records before the deadline.
The equity excellence scholarship is an important opportunity for students who might not otherwise have access to education.
It offers financial assistance, mentorships, and networking opportunities, so you can invest in yourself. Apply now!