Davidson Acceptance Rate Us, The most selective college admissions are at Davidson College, where the acceptance rate is 18%. An ACT score between 30 and 33 or a SAT score between 1330 and 1490 are required for admission to Davidson College for half of the candidates. Nevertheless, 25% of accepted applicants received scores that were above these limits, while 25% received scores that were below these levels. The Davidson College application cost is $50, and the deadline for submission is January 7.
The GPA of a student is one academic consideration for Davidson College admissions officers. When applicable, a candidate’s high school class rank is taken into account by Davidson College admissions officials, who also place a great value on letters of recommendation. Along with other school statistics, other academic factors can be seen here.
What is the acceptance rate for Davidson?
Davidson’s admissions process is extremely selective, with a 20% acceptance rate. The typical SAT or ACT score for applicants to Davidson is between 1300 and 1460, or 30-33. The deadline for Davidson’s normal admissions applications is January 11. The Davidson early decision application deadline is November 15 for interested students.
Acceptance Rate & Tips for Davidson College Admission
A prestigious liberal arts college with its home location in North Carolina is Davidson College. And Steph Curry, a legend in the NBA, is a graduate. It is one of the best institutions of its kind in the South; the Northeast is home to several other comparable, highly-selective liberal arts colleges (Colby, Colgate, Wesleyan, etc.). Contrary to many of its peer institutions, Davidson College’s acceptance rate and applicant volume have stayed largely stable over the past ten years. Still, getting is a challenging endeavor—the average SAT is just around 1400 and the vast majority of students received straight A’s in high school (with maybe an occasional A- mixed in).
In order to help you prepare for the challenges ahead on the path to becoming a Wildcat, this article aims to offer:
1) Knowledge of how difficult the Davidson admissions procedure is.
2) More information to precisely predict your admissions chances.
3) Tips on how to make your application to Davidson College stand out amid the crowd of similarly qualified candidates.
We shall discuss the following subjects in order to achieve these objectives:
- Acceptance rates for the 2026 class at Davidson College
- Acceptance rates for early decisions at Davidson College
- candidates accepted to Davidson College’s admissions program’s SAT, ACT, GPA, and class rank
- The process used by Davidson College to grade applications
- An examination of the demographics of current Davidson College freshmen
- the proportion of accepted applicants who enroll at Davidson College (yield rate)
- Advice for Davidson College applicants
- How to decide whether paying the $50 application fee to attend Davidson College is even worth it (for you)
How to Apply for Acceptance at Davidson Score Us
With an admittance rate of about 18%, Davidson College is a very prestigious liberal arts college in Davidson, North Carolina. The steps for applying for admission are as follows:
- Check out the Davidson College webpage here: To discover more about Davidson College and its application procedure, start by visiting its website at www.davidson.edu.
- Select your application type from the Common Application or the Davidson Application, which Davidson University offers. Pick the option that best fits you.
- Create a profile: Register for an account on the application portal and provide the necessary data.
- Fill out the form completely: Your personal information, academic history, extracurricular activities, and essays must be included in the application. Before submitting your application, make sure it is error-free.
- Send in supporting documents: You must also send in official transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, and two letters of recommendation in addition to your application.
- Pay the $60 application fee: Before your application is deemed finished, you must pay the $60 application fee.
- Your application must be submitted by the deadline once it has been finished and all required documentation have been gathered.
- Wait for a decision: Davidson College normally announces regular decision applicants’ acceptance decisions in early April.
It’s crucial to remember that Davidson College has a high level of competition, so you must put your best foot forward in your application. Make sure to highlight your accomplishments, enthusiasm, and chance for success at Davidson. Good fortune!
Admission Requirements for Davidson College
What criteria does Davidson College have for admission? Even though there are many components to a college application, you should concentrate on only a few crucial ones:
- GPA specifications
- Test requirements, such as those for the SAT and ACT
- Application requirements
Requirements for the SAT at Davidson College
There is a covert SAT requirement, notwithstanding the claims of many colleges that they have no cutoff for SAT scores. Based on the typical grade at the institution.
SAT average: 1372
At Davidson College, the composite SAT score average is a 1372 out of 1600.
Analysis of Davidson College SAT Results (New 1600 SAT)
SAT scores range from 1290 to 1450, with 1450 representing the 75th percentile. To put it another way, a score of 1290 on the SAT would position you below average, while a score of 1450 would put you above average.
Davidson College ACT Requirements
Just like for the SAT, Davidson College likely doesn’t have a hard ACT cutoff, but if you score too low, your application will get tossed in the trash.
At Davidson College, the typical ACT score is 31. Davidson College is now Highly Competitive for ACT scores because to this score.
The ACT score for the 25th percentile is 29, and the ACT score for the 75th percentile is 33.
Even though Davidson College probably states that there is no minimum ACT requirement, if you apply with a score of 29 or lower, it will be very difficult for you to get in unless you have other extremely strong application materials. There are so many applicants scoring 31 and above that a 29 will look intellectually inadequate.
Policy for sending ACT scores
The ACT has a significant edge over the SAT in terms of how scores are sent, which has a significant impact on your test-taking technique.
Here it is: you have complete control over whatever tests you send to universities along with your ACT scores. You could send the best test out of ten that you take. Contrary to the SAT, where many institutions demand that you send all of your past test results, this does not.
This indicates that you have more opportunities than you might realize to raise your ACT score. To try to strive for the school’s ACT requirement of 33 and above, you should try to take the ACT as many times as you can. When you’re satisfied with your final result, you can send only one score to all of your schools.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Is it challenging to enter Davidson?
The most selective college admissions are at Davidson College, where the acceptance rate is 18%. An ACT score between 30 and 33 or a SAT score between 1330 and 1490 are required for admission to Davidson College for half of the candidates. Nevertheless, 25% of accepted applicants received scores that were above these limits, while 25% received scores that were below these levels.
What is the acceptance rate for Davidson 2025?
As an AI language model, I do not have access to the most recent Davidson College admissions data for 2025 or any other year past the 2021 cutoff date.
The number of applications, the quality of the candidate pool, and the number of openings in the incoming class are just a few of the variables that might affect the admission rates at Davidson College, a private liberal arts college in Davidson, North Carolina.
But if you’re curious about the most recent admittance figures for Davidson College, you can check out their official website or get in touch with the Office of Admission for more details.
Ivy League? Is Davidson in it?
Davidson College, Pomona College, Carleton College, and Oberlin College are just a few of the many small colleges that make up The Hidden Ivies. Other notable institutions include Georgetown University, Vanderbilt University, Washington University in St. Louis, and the University of Southern California.
Is Davidson a prestigious university?
The 210 National Liberal Arts Colleges list places Davidson College at number fifteen. Schools are rated based on how well they perform against a set of generally recognized measures of quality.