Are you a student who is in need of some help with their finances? There is no better option than the HCC Scholarship offered by the Billy Turney Foundation.
Students who are in need of financial support to cover the costs of their college education, such as tuition, books, and other essential supplies, are eligible for this award, which was established to give such aid.
This scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors in Hillsborough County, Florida, who have expressed an interest in attending Hillsborough Community College.
Those who are eligible may receive financial assistance of up to $5,000 if they are selected as recipients. Students who are awarded this scholarship are able to fulfill their ambitions of obtaining a higher degree without having to be concerned about the cost of doing so.
It’s a great opportunity to stay ahead and reduce the costs associated with your educational experience at the same time.
About Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship
The Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship is available to Hillsborough County, Florida high school seniors who want to attend Hillsborough Community College.
Applicants must demonstrate academic achievement, and those who work while attending school and have participated in considerable amounts of community service will be given special consideration.
Benefits of Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship
- Financial aid for higher education for students in financial need.
- Improved access to resources and networks for college and beyond achievement.
- Greater educational opportunities for students from historically marginalized groups.
- A stronger emphasis on student support and mentoring throughout the college experience.
- Opportunities to participate in community service, internships, and/or research projects.
- Increased access to resources and networks for college and beyond achievement.
- Improved assistance with career research, job placement, and professional growth.
- Recognition for academic achievement and community service.
- Application form
- A minimum UNWEIGHTED grade point average of 3.4 is required, and the recipient of this award must demonstrate financial need.
- A student who is actively involved in their community and who also maintains a job while attending high school will be given preference.
Students must demonstrate that they satisfy all of the following requirements in order to be eligible:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- This scholarship is designed for college students studying in the United States.
- Participants are required to call Hillsborough County, Florida, home.
- At the time of application, the applicant needs to be a senior in high school.
- Should make every effort to enroll in Hillsborough Community College.
- A grade point average of 3.4 or better is required of applicants.
The annual amount of this scholarship, which is not renewable, is $5,000, and the recipient must demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply
You can submit an application and get more information about this honor through the Hillsborough Community Foundation’s website, which can be viewed using the link that has been provided.
Students are required to complete and submit an online application form through the scholarship application portal provided by the Hillsborough Community Foundation in order to be considered for this award.
By the deadline date, all submissions, including applications and any specified supporting materials, must have been made online.
This scholarship application must be submitted no later than Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
How to Ace The Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship
- Reach out to the Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship selection committee to learn more about the program and its eligibility requirements.
- Make sure you have a strong academic record and/or community service experience that will give you a competitive edge when applying for the scholarship.
- Research and apply for other scholarships to maximize your chances of receiving additional financial aid.
- Take advantage of internship and volunteer opportunities to build your resume and gain experience in the field you plan to pursue.
- Create a budget and plan for how you would use the scholarship funds to ensure that you’re making the best use of them.
- Stay in touch with the Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship selection committee throughout the process.
- Reach out to mentors and professionals in your field to learn more about how to make the best use of the scholarship funds.
- Follow the application instructions for the Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship carefully.
- Keep your grades up and show a commitment to your studies to increase your chances of being selected for the scholarship.
- Attend all of the Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship events and workshops to stay informed about the program and network with other applicants.
The Billy Turney Foundation HCC Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity for students who are interested in studying and making a difference in the world.
It offers financial support to make education more affordable and ensures that students can focus on their studies rather than stressing about how to pay for tuition.
The scholarship is an excellent opportunity to have a positive and long-lasting effect on the lives of students who might not have access to higher education in any other way.