Job Requisition Id: 85583
Business Function: Plant Operations
Primary City: Kitchener
Employment Type: Seasonal Relief
Employment Status: Term
Language Requirement: English Essential
Number of Vacancies 6
Job Closing Date (11/24/2020):
Interested in earning good money over the holiday season? Canada Post is going through the most exciting period in our history. And you can be part of it!
The holiday season is our busiest time of the year, when Canadians count on us more than ever. This is a time when we typically deliver over one million parcels each day – and you can be a big part of making this happen! Working from November 15 to January 15 as a Postal Clerk, you’ll help us sort holiday mail and parcels to make sure customers and businesses receive what they’re waiting for.
Does this sound like you? The role of Postal Clerk would be a great fit if you:
- can do physical work and handle shifts
- enjoy being part of a team
- take pride in the work you
What will you do?
- You’ll sort mail items into batches
- You’ll operate mail-processing equipment
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- You’ll transport mail between floors or sections, using rolling or motorized equipment
- You’ll check mail items to make sure the address and postage are correct
- You’ll enter data into a computer.
What must you have?
- The availability to work from November 15th to January 15th
- The flexibility to work shifts – days, evenings, nights and weekends
- The ability to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- The ability to bend, reach, lift and carry items
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
This helps, too!
- While experience is not required, it would help if you had worked previously in a warehouse or plant environment
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training
Today’s Canada Post – Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
While this is a temporary position, you’ll be well paid and have the opportunity to learn more about postal plant operations and the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders