Spring 2021 Virtual Intern – CNN Digital Features
CNN Features is at CNN Digital and includes the sections of Travel, Style, Space + Science and Wellness.
We report, write and produce stories for Digital and collaborate with other units throughout the network.
Interns with CNN Features in Atlanta are not here to observe. Our interns get a front row seat to everything we do and are here to contribute.
- Learning how text stories are crafted.
- Learning how we vet stories and research.
- Learning how a story goes from an idea, through edit and onto the website.
- Developing research and interview skills.
- Contributing to and writing stories for CNN.com.
- Candidates should be passionate about news and storytelling, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- They need to have a good attitude and be able to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Writing experience with work samples, including published bylines, is required.
- A keen understanding of how to spot and tell a great story.
- Knowledge or experience in travel, style, health and/or science is a plus, especially science and health topics.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
The Spring 2021 program dates are January 25th through April 16th. The internship will be a full remote/virtual experience. Most internships will provide a company owned laptop for the duration of the internship program. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on bureau location and relocation is not provided as the program is fully remote/virtual. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN