Data Entry Operator – Sudbury
Department: Sudbury PHOL
Job ID: 20-0199
$21.84 – $24.50 an hour
Great people, exceptional teams building a stronger Public Health Ontario.
We are Public Health Ontario (PHO). We live our values as a shared promise to each other, our clients and our partners. We value credibility, innovation, responsiveness, collaboration, integrity and respect. With our partners in Ontario’s health system, we monitor and address the needs of the population by providing the scientific evidence and expert guidance that shapes policies and practices for a healthier Ontario. With locations across Ontario, we are working to ensure that Ontario has the strongest public health system in the world so that every day Ontarians wake up in one of the safest places to live in the world.
For more information about PHO, visit www.publichealthontario.ca
Position Title: Data Entry Operator
Department: Sudbury PHOL
Location: 1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON
Duration: Temporary – 12 month contract
Hours of work: Full-Time, must be flexible to cover day, evening and night shifts, including weekends
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Salary: $21.84 to $24.50 hourly
Posting Date: October 29, 2020
Closing Date: November 12, 2020
Apply Here Now
To provide data entry of laboratory test requisitions into a variety of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) utilized by Public Health Ontario.
Apply Here Now
- Provides data entry and scanning of laboratory requisitions into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other software (e.g., Excel, Access) and PHO systems (Laboratory Results Management Application (LRMA) within established key performance metrics.
- Reviews requisition to determine accuracy of information entered and conformance to PHOL standards when entering data into fields such as: patient name, HIN, patient demographics, tests requested, submitter/ordering practitioner, including clinical information.
- Communicates with clients by phone and/or FAX to confirm information required for accurate data entry.
- Refers matters to appropriate technical or supervisory staff where necessary.
- Maintains filing systems as required including filing of requisitions daily; locating PDFs of requisitions as requested by other laboratory staff.
- Assists with scanning, searching for requisitions not scanned and record storage process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills-
- Knowledge of general office procedures, instructions, and relevant reference materials, e.g., telephone directories or lists, staff lists and locations, mailing lists, as well as knowledge of the office organization and functions, in order to answer the telephone, direct callers and assist with various clerical tasks.
- Knowledge of Graphical User Interface (GIU) systems (i.e. Windows environment), data entry procedures, terminology and key boarding skills to accurately input data from laboratory requisitions, e.g. Agency, physician, contacts).
- Understanding of medical terminology in order to accurately input data (e.g. types of specimens, symptoms, types of tests carried out in the PHL).
- Skills in the use of Laboratory Information Systems, Microsoft Suite and web based information systems.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to request clarification of information from client’s e.g. missing information such as addresses, physician’s name, etc. and to perform reception duties.
Education and Experience-
- Completion of secondary school.
- Must be able to type 60 wpm and 10,000 keystrokes with per hour, with 95% accuracy mandatory.
Attributes and Competencies-
- Excellent record management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities to assist in any discrepancies.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving – missing data enquiries with external and internal clients.
- Able to work collaboratively to seek advice and direction in solving problems
What jobs are available at Public Health Ontario?
Greater Sudbury, ON